For More: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/HealthyCooking/Bean-Benefits_UCM_430105_Article.jsp
As I am obsessed with beans these days I came up with the recipe Steamed Bean Cake..
Do check my previous post "High Protein dosa".
1 Cup 10 Bean Soup Mix (Sprouts/Costco)
2 Red Chillies (Optional)
2 Tsp Chopped Ginger
Salt to taste
1. Soak Bean Blend for 4 -6 hours.
2. Blend pre-soaked beans, red chillies and ginger to semi thick batter.
3. Add salt. Spray olive oil to the Idly (Indian Rice Cake) moulds.
4. Fill the moulds, run a straight edge spatula across the top to remove excess.
5. Steam the Bean cakes for 10minutes. let it cool down for 5-10 minutes.
6. Devour the steaming hot bean cakes with your favorite chutney.
7. Goes well for lunch box.
Recommended Posts: Vegetarian Protein http://nutritionforasianindians.blogspot.com/2014/02/vegetarian-protein.html