2 Cups Organic Stone Cut Oatmeal/ Old -Fashioned Rolled Oats
2 Thai Green Chillies
1 Tsp Fresh Crushed Peppercorns
1/2 cup choice of vegetables
1 cup Moong dhal
2 Tsp Choice of toasted Nuts
4 tsp Organic Ghee
1 tsp Zeera (cumin seeds)
4 Sprigs Curry leaves
Salt to taste
4 cups warm water
1. In a pressure cooker pan on a medium heat put four teaspoons of organic ghee. Season the ghee with cumin seeds, fresh pepper powder, green chillies and curry leaves. Let it splutter.
2. Add washed moongdhal, choice of vegetables to the seasoning (thadka) and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add organic stone cut oats, water, salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
4. Garnish with your choice of toasted nuts and drizzle two teaspoon of olive oil.
5. Enjoy the healthy and tasty oatmeal kichdi.
Tips to remember-
1. Eat freshly prepared oatmeal kichdi.
2. If you dislike the same breakfast on your plate every morning this is the best option. Cause the preparation and cooking time takes not more than 10-15 minutes.
2. The combination of oatmeal kichdi and Indian pickle or achar is delicious. But do remember to reduce or zero the salt while preparing oatmeal kichdi. As pickles/ achar are loaded with sodium.