Wednesday, July 3, 2013
All About Beetroot:
Beetroot and beetroot leaves are very powerful cleansers of blood. Beets are loaded with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C. The greens have a higher content of iron compared to spinach. They are also an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and sodium.
1. Start adding beets to your juicing diet.
2. Slice beetroot into thick slices, season, grill and make beetroot sandwiches.
3. Make Beetroot Rasam /Soup, Beetroot spread or Chutney.
4. Combination of beetroot chips with Greek yogurt yumm...slice beetroot into thin slices, season, bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Reuse beetroot chips - blend chips to a fine powder and use as a natural food color.