|Nutrition For Asian-Indians|
Vitamin Clear Soup:
2 Cups Beetroot Cubes
2 Cups Carrot Cubes
2 Cups Tomato Cubes
3 Thai green Chillies (optional)
2 Tbsp Tamarind Pulp (history of allergic reactions to tamarind pulp can substitute to Cranberries or lemon juice)
Salt to taste
1 Tsp Red chilly powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
1 Tsp Coriander powder
1 Tsp Cumin powder
2 tsp Rasam powder
2 Tsp Oil or 2 tsp Ghee
1 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Dry Red chillies
4 mashed Garlic Cloves
4 sprigs of Curry leaves
1. Blend beetroot, carrot, tomato and green chillies.
2. Heat 2 Tsp of oil in a heavy bottom pan.
3. Add seasoning /tadka let it splutter.
4. Add the blended vegetable puree to the seasoning with ten cups of water.
5. Add chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, Rasam powder, and tamarind pulp ( history of allergic reactions to tamarind pulp substitute with cranberries; blend cranberries with beetroot, carrot, tomatoes and chillies).
6. Stir and let it boil for 10-15 minutes and add coriander leaves (optional).
7. I adopted the first word that caught my eye: jussulent, meaning “full of broth or soup”.
8. Enjoy as a soup or with Quinoa or Brown rice.